Yes, we have no gavels
11 March 2012
Pop quiz: what is wrong with this image, found on the MMT web site?
or this one, see on TVB's evening news last week:
Answer: judges in HK courts and the Market Misconduct Tribunal don't use gavels. Unless they are running auctions on the side. HK courts take their traditions from English courts, which never used gavels either.
© Webb-site.com, 2012
Organisations in this story
- HKSAR Court of Appeal of the High Court
- HKSAR Court of Final Appeal
- HKSAR Court of First Instance of the High Court
- HKSAR District Court
- HKSAR Lands Tribunal
- HKSAR Magistrates' Courts
- HKSAR Market Misconduct Tribunal