Please log in to vote.
There are about 10^22, or ten thousand billion billion stars in the known Universe. The edge of the visible Universe is over 40 billion light years away. Radio transmissions from Earth have reached only about 100 light years since we began broadcasts. There are only about 15,000 stars within that distance from Earth. As far as we know, nothing can travel faster than light.
1. Is there intelligent life on any other planet in the Universe?
2. Within how long a time will we detect radio broadcasts from another civilisation?
Select10 years20 years50 years100 years200 years500 years1000 years>1000 yearsNever
3. How long before another civilisation detects our broadcasts?
SelectThey already have10 years20 years50 years100 years200 years500 years1000 years>1000 yearsNever
4. If we detect another civilisation's broadcasts, will that civilisation be more technologically advanced than we are?
5. If we detect another civilisation, will it have wiped itself out before it can receive our reply?
Please log in to vote
Sign up for our free newsletter
Recommend Webb-site to a friend
Back to top