Please log in to see how you voted, if you did.
A debate is underway over whether the Legislative Council should approve the NPCSC's offer to amend the selection method for the HK Chief Executive in 2017, to allow universal suffrage if the candidates are first approved by the 1200-member Election Committee, to be renamed the Nominating Committee. What do Webb-site readers think LegCo should do, and what do you think of the proposal?
1. Should LegCo approve the NPCSC proposal for 2017?
2. Is the proposal what the World would recognise as free and fair elections?
3. If the proposal is approved, what difference would this make to HK's economic performance?
4. If the proposal is approved, do you think Beijing would improve it further for 2022?
5. If the proposal is rejected, would Beijing in due course make an offer for 2022, and would it be better?
SelectYes, a better offerYes, but same offerNo offerUndecided
Sign up for our free newsletter
Recommend Webb-site to a friend
Back to top